EDCI 335

Blog # 4

This video is from YouTube and talks about how to improve teamwork. The author of the video goes through seven approaches to improvement, which are ownership, dependability, trust, structure, shared vision, fun and candor.

From this advice list, students need to build confidence in the project beginning and be able to solve problems and come up with ideas. Create a to-do list and set up an endurance with a clear deadline for the project. As a group, trust is a crucial element for teamwork, which believe each member and listen to the ideas of others. Meanwhile, introducing a structure enhances collaboration at team work. Each group member can share their vision, and define the clear goals that everyone can work toward together. Eventually, be open and honest with each member and say what you really think as well as enjoy the pleasant atmosphere.

After watching the video, I would like to advise students to form groups (4-5 students of group) and each group can discuss and make a presentation around any topic that they interest in. This method will test whether students master teamwork skills. Any portable devices are available to record the ideas of group members such as laptops and Ipad and eventually organize and merge into PowerPoint.

I will use a questionnaire to distribute to each student. They will be asked to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each member (including themselves) and I will grade the students’ teamwork by the score at the end of the course.

This work is good for management because the presentation and the questionnaire allow me to see both the final project of teams and the ability of cooperation of each student. These two aspects give a fair picture of whether students have mastered teamwork or not.

John Spencer. 2017, (September 17). The 7 Keys to Creative Collaboration [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DmFFS0dqQc