Learning Pod: # 5

Peers’ Names: Rachel Heagle, Daniel Wheaton, Chloe Hood, Armaan Gill, Agrim Dogra, Nikhil Dhillon

Interactive Learning Resource Topic: Personal Finance

Identify components of the Interactive Learning Resource that might be missing (e.g., appropriate outcomes, alignment, interactivity, inclusivity, technology use and rationale, presentation, grammar, spelling, citations, etc.).

Generally, the entire design of the course is well-structured and user-friendly, making it easily accessible for students. Right from the start, the course overview offers a comprehensive introduction, providing a clear understanding of the course’s objectives, target audience, and its relevance. As I navigate through the interface, I can find helpful quizzes at the end of each subtopic, facilitating a review of the material covered. However, it might be beneficial to incorporate an evaluation system that outlines the weightage given to each test or assessment. Personally, I believe an evaluation system would engage students further, enabling them to identify areas for improvement and focus on specific areas that require more attention.

Provide a summary of The Interactive Learning Resource’s strengths and weaknesses. Draw out specific examples from your peers’ work to justify your feedback.

In terms of strengths, the structure of the course is well-designed, with each subtopic thoughtfully aligned with essential questions, learning outcomes, resources, and assignments. This cohesive learning design greatly aids students in comprehending the subject matter, allowing them to navigate the content smoothly, without aimlessly searching for information.

In terms of weaknesses, as I mentioned earlier, the evaluation system does not be introduced in this course. I think this system would provide a quantifiable measure of students’ progress and efforts. Meanwhile, for some open-ended questions, I do not know if my answered correctly. So it would be great if you offer a standard answer for open-ended questions.

Provide general, specific, and practical recommendations to your peers on how to improve their Interactive Learning Resource.

Overall, you have done an excellent job on the project. Your approach of providing separate pages for each subtopic with ample resources greatly aids students in understanding personal financial concepts and how to manage those investment accounts. I have completed the RRSP chapter and its quiz. I appreciate that the quiz questions are tied to the provided resources and articles. Nevertheless, it would be beneficial to include standard answers for open-ended questions. I am delighted to have participated in your project. Wish you the best of luck!

Classwork for Personal Finance A01 (google.com)